Facts & figures
The 14 departments of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) provide an excellent environment for research and for the education of 40,124 students, 34% of them women. The university has a budget of EUR 1,329 mio., which includes the university hospital. Here you will find key facts and figures about the university.
TUM at a glance
- 14 departments
- 3 Integrative Research Centers
- 7 Corporate Research Centers
- 10,103 staff members
- 172 degree programs
- 411 buildings
receive a top-class education at TUM. 24% of them come from abroad.
13,741 female students
are enrolled at TUM – 34% of all current students.
completed their degree in the academic year 2016. 2,958 of them were women, 1,786 international students.
make up our worldwide alumni network and benefit from TUM's offerings for alumni. Every year, TUM hosts anniversary events for alumni.
are furthering the work of TUM scientists (as of: 12/2016). European Research Council (ERC) grants fund for ambitious research projects.
have been researching and teaching at TUM (as of 2017). Fellow is the highest grade of membership of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
International appointments of professors
- 139 (2006 – 2016)
TUM’s overseas locations
- 1 offshore campus: TUM Asia in Singapore
- 52 with 37 institutions in 17 countries other international offices: Beijing, Brussels, São Paul, Kairo, Mumbai, San Francisco
- 52 with 37 institutions in 17 countries (as of 10/2015)
Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowships
- 53 (as of 2015)
Alexander von Humboldt Research Award Winners
- 13 (as of 2015)
"Facts & Figures” booklets to download (PDF)
- Facts & Figures 2015/16 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2014/15 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2014 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2013 (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2012 (PDF, 5.2 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2011 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2010 (PDF, 0.9 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2009 (PDF, 0.9 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2008 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Facts & Figures 2006 (PDF, 633 KB)