TUM Integration Program and Direct Financial Aid
Support for Students Impacted by War on Ukraine
As a result of the war on Ukraine, countless young people are no longer able to pursue their studies or, in some cases, even begin them. The effects are also being felt at TUM with students worried about their families and friends or suddenly faced with difficulties covering costs in the absence of financial support from home.
Continuing Studies in Germany
Drawing on the positive experience of our auditor program for refugees in 2015, TUM is offering low-threshold access to the university environment for all those who had already begun their studies in Ukraine and are now unable to continue them there or return to a safe home country. Participants can use the auditor program to orient themselves within TUM's disciplinary spectrum, attend selected courses at TUM, and take examinations for the purpose of self-assessment.
Direct Financial Aid for Impacted Students
Many students are currently in financial distress through no fault of their own. As a demonstration of its solidarity, TUM has launched its own fundraising campaign to provide prompt and unbureaucratic relief. In doing so, the university makes a substantial contribution to the emergency fund of the Free State of Bavaria with the aim of supporting affected students in need and alleviating the burden of financial hardship with direct financial aid.
To ensure that funds are distributed without delay to those in the greatest need, TUM will contact affected students directly. In addition, all students have access to the TUM job portal, where they can find numerous offers for part-time jobs and assistant positions to help them finance their studies and living expenses.
- Information and offers of the TUM for teachers and students affected by the war in Ukraine
- Overview of support offers and contacts at the TUM Student Representation
- Ukraine-Hotline Bayern: First contact point for Ukrainian refugees and their families as well as for helpers
- Federal Ministry of the Interior: Questions and answers on entry from Ukraine
- Federal Government Commissioner for Migration, Refugees and Integration: Information on entry and arrival
- Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior: Support and information for refugees from Ukraine
- Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe: Coordination office for support and assistance services
Technical University of Munich
- Stefan Kögler
- koegler @zv.tum.de
Contacts to this article:
- Contact Integration Program: firstname.lastname@example.org