Applicants with an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)
If you apply with an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB), there are a few things you need to know.
- Your schooling must comprise 12 consecutive school years.
- You have to fulfill the curricular requirements set out by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany (Kultusministerkonferenz). For more information, please consult the legally binding regulations can be found in the resolution of the Kultusministerkonferenz (German PDF, 156kb).
- Please note that only an IB with German A as Higher Level is recognized as proof of German language skills. Otherwise, you need so supply separate proof of sufficient German skills with your application at TUM.
Step 1: Have your IB Diploma checked
Applicants with an IB Diploma have to have their degree checked regarding their compliance with the standards set forth by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder (Kultusministerkonferenz).
Depending on whether you already have aNotification of the Office for Certificate Recognition, there are two ways to do this:
- Option 1: You already have a Notification of the Office for Certificate Recognition: If you already have a Notification of the Office for Certificate Recognition(Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle) as well, you can directly proceed to step 2: Apply via TUMonline.
- Option 2: You do not have a Notification of the Office for Certificate Recognition: If you do not have a Notification of the Office for Certificate Recognitionyet, you need to apply for a Preliminary Documentation (VPD) via uni-assist. To learn more about applying via uni-assist, click here.
During the online application via TUMonline, you need to upload your Official Transcript of Grades. If you do not have a Notification of the Office for Certificate Recognition, you also need to confirm the timely completion of your application for a VPD via uni-assist by uploading the confirmation form.
It is essential that you apply for the VPD via uni-assist as soon as possible, in any case within the designated deadlines. The processing of your documents by uni-assist may take several weeks. If you have applied for the VPD before the designated deadline, you can hand the VPD itself later. It is important to note, however, that we can not admit you to a degree program before we receive the VPD as well.
Step 2: Apply via TUMonline
You need to submit an online application via TUMonline. In the online application, please be sure to select the option for Foreign Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
- If you have a confirmation by the Office for Certificate Recognition, upload your Official Transcript of Grades and the confirmation.
- If you have applied for a preliminary documentation by uni-assist, upload your Official Transcript of Grades and the preliminary documentation. If your preliminary documentation is not yet available to you, you can upload the Confirmation that the application for a preliminary review documentation by uni-assist has been submitted in due form and time instead.
Your application will only be considered if you upload all required documents and submit the online application within the designated application period.