Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Awarded by TUM, the program is conducted in Singapore and serves to provide graduates with an in-depth knowledge in the field of aerospace engineering, focusing in the areas of aeronautical design, space design and research.TUM Asia
Information on Degree Program
What does this program cover?
The Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering program is awarded by Technische Universität München (Technical University of Munich, TUM). The program is conducted in Singapore and it serves to provide graduates with an in-depth knowledge in the field of aerospace engineering, focusing in the areas of aeronautical and space design and research.
The 2-year full-time program is taught by academia from TUM, who have extensive experience in the latest trends in research and education as well as in global industrial product development and management. The non-technical subjects are taught by experts from the industry, from Asia and Europe alike. Lectures will be held at TUM Asia‘s campus in Singapore.
For a comprehensive description of the program, please refer to the degree program documentation:
How is the program structured?
What is the language of instruction?
Required language skills for admission:
An adequate knowledge of the English language; students whose native language or language of instruction is not English must demonstrate proficiency through an acknowledged language test such as “Test of English as a Foreign Language“ (TOEFL) (minimum 88 points), “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS) (minimum 6.5 points), or “Cambridge Main Suite of English Examinations”.
Language of instruction:
The language of instruction for this program is English.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
Graduates of the Master's degree course "Aerospace" are able to apply, analyse, evaluate and develop knowledge and methods from the aerospace field whilst considering the relevant technical, scientific, economic, environmental and legal aspects. They are also equipped to employ a highly process driven and verifiable approach to work, a critical requirement in the aerospace sector.
The graduates are well versed in competencies relating to complete flying systems (fixed wing aircraft, rotary wing aircraft, helicopters, fuselages, spacecraft and satellites) and, depending on the other course modules selected, also have thorough knowledge of transport systems, flight systems for inside and outside the atmosphere as well as from the disciplines aerodynamics, lightweight design, flight system dynamics, flight propulsion, control technology, aircraft design and space travel technology. Furthermore, graduates have specific knowledge of production methods and materials science (from development to application) in order to meet the unique and extreme demands of the aerospace field (e.g. safety, reliability, quality and structural integrity).
Graduates are able to understand transport systems as complete systems (including their sub-systems) and also to analyse, evaluate and develop them. The knowledge and skills they acquire in understanding highly complex dynamic systems with all their characteristics and operating conditions makes them qualified for other fields in addition to aerospace. This course's graduates are in fact well qualified for other sectors such as vehicle construction or information technology.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
The Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering is a program that caters to highly qualified engineers to meet the ever-increasing demand from a growing aerospace sector in Singapore and the world.
Binding Regulations for Progression of Studies, Examinations and Application
Application and Admission
How do I apply?
- Applicants meeting the admission requirement submit their Online Application via www.tum-asia.edu.sg and then send TUM Asia their hardcopy documents, together with the application fee. TUM Asia will release the result via email to the student.
DEGREE/FH DIPLOMA* REQUIREMENTS
- In order to be eligible for the program, you must have at least a Bachelor Degree** (completed in at least three years, depending on factors such as the rest of your education background) in Aerospace/ Mechanical Engineering or in a closely related discipline with remarkable results.
- *If you meet the requirements for admissions, please refer to this page (Click on “Required Documents”) for the List of Required Documents for application to our Master of Science programs.
- **Academic requirements may differ for different countries of study. Please write to us at admission(at)tum-asia.edu.sg to verify your requirements.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
- As the Master of Science program’s instruction medium is English, the applicant must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory level of proficiency in the English language.
- Applicant whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies (Bachelor / FH Diploma) is not English must submit at least one of the following:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org): Recent score with a Minimum 88* for the Internet-Based Test (TOEFL code: 7368)
- IELTS (www.ielts.org): With academic IELTS result of at least 6.5
SPECIAL CRITERIA (China, Vietnam & Mongolia)
- Additionally, an Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) certificate is required for applicants with education qualifications from China, Vietnam or Mongolia. The APS certificate is compulsory if your Bachelor studies was completed in a Chinese, Vietnamese or Mongolian university, regardless of nationality.
- For example, a Singapore citizen who completed his entire undergraduate studies in a Chinese university, and holds a Chinese degree, must sit for the APS test and pass it in order to qualify for admissions to a German university.
- If you are making any application to a German university (including the TUM degrees at TUM Asia), the APS certificate is required for all education qualifications from China, Vietnam or Mongolia. If you need more information, please contact our team.
For more information, please click here.
Which documents do I need to submit during the online application?
Which documents do I need to submit for enrollment?
For more information on the application procedure and required documents, please visit TUM Asia.
What application deadlines do I need to meet?
Applications open 1 October every year
On what basis does TUM select applicants for admission?
Aptitude assessment (EV):
This is a two-stage process in which the faculty checks after an official application whether you meet the specific requirements for the master's program.
In the first stage, the final Bachelor grade and the submitted documents are evaluated using a points system. Depending on the number of points achieved, applicants are either admitted immediately, rejected or invited to an interview.
Where can I find the online application portal?
The online application takes place through the TUM Asia online application portal.
Do I have to complete an internship?
The 3-month internship and 6-month Master Thesis may be undertaken in Singapore or anywhere in the world with a company, university or research institute.
What are my options after earning this degree?
You have earned your master’s degree and are ready to start your career? TUM Alumni & Career can assist you with questions regarding professional orientation, job search and job application.
If you are interested in continuing your studies, you will find information of doctoral studies at TUM, here.
TUM Asia offers a variety of scholarships and grants for both undergraduate and graduate students. For more information, please visit our website.