Vaccinations are an important factor in containing the COVID-19 pandemic and make a safe return to campus possible. TUM students and staff can now be vaccinated without pre-registrationon campus in Munich and Garching at fixed dates in July, August and October.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines top-class facilities for cutting-edge research with unique learning opportunities for 45,356 students. The spectrum of disciplines represented at the university includes medicine, engineering, the natural and life sciences, as well as political and social sciences and management. It is one of the biggest technical universities in Germany and one of eleven German Universities of Excellence.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- “3G rule”: access to on-campus courses only with proof of testing, vaccination or recovery if the 7-day incidence exceeds 35; exemption for on-campus exams
- Vaccination offers for students: www.tum.de/en/corona-vaccination
- Hygiene concept: mask mandate and contact tracing
- Please note the rules on notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
- Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
News from the Campus
A new city, new people and new challenges – arriving at university can be quite exciting. This is even more true for the many international students who come to TUM every year. To help them get started in student life in Munich, Garching, Straubing or Heilbronn, there are numerous information and support services.
The new German-language podcast series "We are TUM" meets the people who make the Technical University of Munich what it is: From top researchers to students and faculty to the "hidden champions" who usually remain behind the scenes. The episodes are introduced by President Thomas F. Hofmann.
For those looking for expert input on the English version of their bachelor’s or master’s thesis, the specialists at the English Writing Center are there to help. The service is open to students in all of the degree programs – free of charge and on a one-to-one basis.
Elon Musk's "Not-a-Boring Competition" was held in Las Vegas on Sunday. Eight student teams from around the world competed against one another, drilling with boring machines they had constructed themselves. The Technical University of Munich (TUM) team, TUM Boring, managed to drill 22 of the total 30 meters necessary and came away the undisputed winner.
According to Prof. Gerhard Müller, Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), the new corona regulations of the state of Bavaria provide a solid foundation for in-person instruction in the winter semester. At a joint press conference today with Bavaria's Minister of Science Bernd Sibler, Müller called on students to "Come back to campus!" The so-called 3G rule, according to which students must be vaccinated, recovered, or tested in order to attend classes in person, forms an essential building block of the university's planning, he said.