Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines top-class facilities for cutting-edge research with unique learning opportunities for 42,705 students. The spectrum of disciplines represented at the university includes medicine, engineering, the natural and life sciences, as well as political and social sciences and management. It is one of the biggest technical universities in Germany and one of eleven German Universities of Excellence.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Wearing masks and registering with the Contact-Tracing-System QRONITON is mandatoy.
- The lecture period in the winter semester 2020/21 starts on 02 November 2020 and ends on 12 February 2021. An exception applies to medicine.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams, lectures or seminars with up to 30 participants on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants for Master's programs who do not receive final graduation documents of their undergraduate program (e.g. Bachelor's degree) in time for enrollment due to the corona situation can also be provisionally enrolled for the winter semester 2020/21 with a final transcript or a preliminary diploma.Certified copies of the final graduation documents must be submitted within the winter semester 2020/21. Further information on application and registration can be found here.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices are only partially open for the public. You can also contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.