Advice for Students from Students
The TUM Departmental Student Councils have numerous students eager to support fellow students when questions arise about their studies.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Wearing masks and registering with the Contact-Tracing-System QRONITON is mandatoy.
- The lecture period in the winter semester 2020/21 starts on 02 November 2020 and ends on 12 February 2021. An exception applies to medicine.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of today, courses planned in attendance on campus can be carried out.
- Applicants for Master's programs who do not receive final graduation documents of their undergraduate program (e.g. Bachelor's degree) in time for enrollment due to the corona situation can also be provisionally enrolled for the winter semester 2020/21 with a final transcript or a preliminary diploma.Certified copies of the final graduation documents must be submitted within the winter semester 2020/21. Further information on application and registration can be found here.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices are only partially open for the public. You can also contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
The TUM Departmental Student Councils
The student council of a specific discipline (i.e. mechanical engineering), which represents students in addressing issues with the department, is the first point of contact when problems or questions arise. The TUM boasts a total of 19 departmental student councils. If you want to know which student council is responsible for your college or school, how to reach your representative, what services are available, and how you can become active in your student council, visit the student council homepage of your respective department.
Networking Online: Student Forums
Several departments have created online forums that allow students to post and discuss questions related to their studies, individual course offerings, or the general operation of the university.