Current Information - Coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 - Covid-19
The lecture period in the summer semester starts regularly on 20.04.2020 and is extended until 07 August 2020.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams, lectures or seminars with up to 30 participants on campus during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
- The deadline for payment of the semester fee for first-time enrollment is extended until 15 October 2020 for the winter semester 2020/21. The deadline for payment of the semester fee for continued enrollment in the winter semester remains 15 August 2020.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices will currently remain closed for the public. Please contact us by email or by telephone instead.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Student Financial Aid
For students who are unable to cover living expenses and tuition fees either on their own or with financial assistance from their parents, various alternatives are available, including student loans and scholarships. If you are uncertain which options are best suited to your situation and would like advice, following are the important points of contact regarding student financial aid.
The Munich Student Union offers a comprehensive range of information and advice in the area of student financial aid.
- Government student loans
The Munich Student Union can answer general questions regarding the German government student loan program "BAföG". They can also help if you are having initial problems with your BAföG application.
- Education loans
Students interested in borrowing money to finance their education can take advantage of the free and independent advice offered by the student union. Regardless of the program or financial institute involved, we encourage you to utilize this service before assuming a large debt!
For more detailed information, go to the Munich Student Union website.
The Scholarship Office is your starting point for all questions related to scholarship alternatives. The office determines the appropriate point of contact for the various programs and offers direct advice regarding the following scholarships::
- Maximilianeum Foundation,
- Doctoral program funding,
- Oskar-Karl-Forster program (financial aid for textbooks)
- Scholarships created through TUM endowment funds
- Scholarships for international students
TUM Center for Study and Teaching - Scholarship Office
Ms. Po Sang Lam
Tel +49 89 289 22252
Fax +49 89 289 22809
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How to find us: Arcisstr. 21 (main campus in the center of Munich),
room 0157 and 0159.