Online Application at TUM
In order to apply at TUM, you need to open a TUMonline account. Here is what you need to know about the online application process.
How do I create an account?
You can open a TUMonline account by registering with a valid email address. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Please don’t open more than one account – you can apply for several degrees programs with the same one. Creating several accounts might even prevent you from applying at all.
You already have an account? Then log in and go to “applications” under your “Business card/Workspace”. Have you forgotten your password?
You can choose to view the wizard in English using the “DE/EN” button in the upper right hand corner.
What degree courses can I apply for?
You can apply for all degree courses which are currently open for application. Outside of these time frames an application is not possible. You can find more info on application deadlines on the info pages about our degree courses.
How do I prepare for the online application?
You can find a list of the required documents on the info pages about the degree courses. Please have these documents ready! Depending on the degree course you wish to apply for, you will need to prepare some things beforehand - an essay, for example. You will need a digital passport-style photo in any case.
Please note: If you have not yet received the final grades or certificates required to apply, there is little point in applying just yet. We do not assign places based on the date of your application, but on suitability. You will, however, always have to adhere to the deadlines.
Our application wizard will guide you through the entire process. Please be aware that you will have to complete the entire online application process in one go, otherwise the data will not be saved.
We have compiled the most important information to guide you through the online application:
Can I modify the data I have supplied?
If you want to change some of the data you have supplied during the online application, here is what you can do:
- personal data like your name, address, nationality etc. cannot be changed once the registration in TUMonline is complete. So please be sure to check your input thoroughly. Should you discover a mistake or a typo nonetheless, you can correct it by hand on the print out of the application for admission or for enrollment which is generated at the end of your online application.
- In subsequent applications, i.e. if you have already sent at least one online applications beforehand, you can no longer change specific data. This includes your university entrance qualification as well as your academic background. If you need to change one of these aspects, you can correct it by hand on the print out of the application for admission or for enrollment which is generated at the end of your online application.
- "Start of course" and "degree program" are special cases. They determine many other factors during your online application, and can only be changed until you confirm the data you have given. After this, you will have to start a completely new application if you want to modify either aspect.
- During an application period, it is not possible to have files replaced which you have uploaded during your online application (photo, letter of motivation etc.). So please make sure you select the correct files to upload.
- The photo you upload will automatically be used for your Student Card.
Not all features of TUMonline are available on mobile devices. It is therefore not advisable to use tablets or smartphones for your online application.
Check the status of your application regularly in your TUMonline account. If we need any further documents, this is where you will be notified.
Advising and Information
You have questions about application, admission or administrative matters?
Please have your applicant or application number ready.
Write us an email:
Give us a call:
+49 89 289 22245
Monday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 9 am - 1 pm
Arcisstr. 21, Room 144
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 12 pm
Lecture Period, Lecture-Free Days/Holidays, Enrollment periods- overview on all dates and deadlines of each semester