Higher Education Entrance Qualification

If you would like to study at TUM, you must hold a higher education entrance qualification (HZB) or show proof of a professional qualification. Entrance qualifications for a university of applied science (Fachhochschulreife) alone do not fulfill the requirements for admission to study at TUM.

German Higher Education Entrance Qualification

  • Applicants who have received their higher education entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school (i.e. a school offering a German Abitur) abroad.

    More information

International higher education entrance qualification

  • Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification abroad.
  • Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification at an international school in Germany.

    More information

Qualified professionals, qualified tradespersons and persons of equal status

  • Tradespersons as well as their equivalents are granted general university admission.
  • Qualified professionals are offered admission to subject-specific higher education if, after having successfully completed their studies, they have completed at least two years of vocational training and, subsequently, at least three years of full-time professional work experience – each in the desired technically-related field.
Dates and Deadlines

Lecture period, lecture-free days, or enrollment periods – all semester dates and deadlines at a glance.

Student Advising and Information Services

+ 49 89 289 22245 
studiumspam prevention@tum.de

Please observe the e-mail etiquette.

Personal advising sessions with General Student Advising by appointment

Service Desk

Campus Munich
Arcisstraße 21, Room 0144
80333 München

Monday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Tuesday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Student Information only)
Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.