Master Artisans and Their Equivalent
Applicants without a formal university entrance qualification (school leaving examination) should contact the TU München for information on applying. If you completed your vocational training outside of Germany, your application materials for TUM must include proof of recognition of your training in Germany. You can obtain this verification at the authorities responsible for your particular vocation in the Free State of Bavaria in accordance with §71 BBiG [Vocational Training Act].
In 2009, the Bavarian state government adopted amendments to the university admission requirements, including:
- Master artisans and their equivalent are granted general qualification for university entrance.
- Subject-specific qualification requirements will be applied in cases where, after successful completion of a minimum of two years of vocational training, generally followed by at least three years of full-time professional experience (= qualified professionals)—both in one of the targeted, subject-specific degree programs—the university has determined that the student is eligible for study. If the applicant has received a federal scholarship, proof of two years of full-time work experience is sufficient.
Mandatory Student Advising
Before you can apply, you will be asked to verify that you have taken part in a student advising session. If you wish to arrange a personal meeting to discussing studying at the TUM, please contact the student advisor.
- You may apply from May 15 to July 15 at the TUMonline application portal.
- In the online application, go to Type of School>Type of Assessment>University Entrance Qualification" and click on qualified professionals under general qualifications.
- At the end of the online application, you will see a list of the documents that you must submit to TU München.
Preparatory Courses for Technical Degrees
Amberg-Weiden University offers an extra-occupational preparatory course (BeVorStudium) specifically designed for qualified professionals who wish to apply for technical studies. More information