Fees and Financial Aid
Studying costs money. Those who cannot afford to pay for rent, food and student union fees on their own or with help from their parents, have different options for financing their studies - from BAföG and student loans to a part-time job or scholarship. We have gathered all the information and contacts you will need on the subject of fees and financial aid. In Addition you can find more information about the Basic Student Union Fee and the Basic Semester Ticket of the different campus locations of TUM.
You can also look up the amount of your semester fee on TUMonline. How to find your semester fee status on TUMonline is explained at „Administration of Fees“.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form in the winter semester. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the winter semester.
- You must be enrolled to register for courses. Before attending a course on campus, you need to register for the Contact Tracing Service QRONITON.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Tuition Fees and Payment Deadlines
The tuition fees, which consist of the basic student union fee and the fees for the basic semester ticket, must be transferred in time for each semester in which you wish to begin or continue your studies.
This fees currently amounts to
- 144 euro 40 cent for students in Munich, Garching and Weihenstephan,
- 62 euro for students in Straubing,
- 92 euro for students in Heilbronn.
Please note: Additional fees may apply for Executive Master's Programs and programs of TUM Asia. Information on this can be found at the respective department.
The payment deadline for first-time enrollment for the summer semester is Mar. 15, for the winter semester Sept. 15.
The payment deadline for continued enrollment for the summer semester is Feb. 15, for the winter semester Aug. 15.
You can find all the exceptions from these deadlines on the following sites.
Information about the Basic Student Union Fee and the Semester Ticket for Students at Campus Munich, Garching, Freising-Weihenstephan and TUM Asia in Singapore.
Students at Campus Straubing need only pay the Basic Student Union Fee for Lower Bavaria / Upper Palatinate. Be sure to read the information about your campus carefully.
For study courses at Campus Heilbronn you must pay the Basic Student Union Fee for Munich and the Basic Semester Ticket for Heilbronn. Please read the following information carefully.
If you are studying two degrees at once at TUM, within Bavaria or TUM and the other one outside Bavaria you maybe don´t have to pay the Basic Student Union Fee.
Please read the following information about the semester fees for parallel studies.