Fees and Financial Aid
Studying costs money. Those who cannot afford to pay for rent, food and student union fees on their own or with help from their parents, have different options for financing their studies - from BAföG and student loans to a part-time job or scholarship. We have gathered all the information and contacts you will need on the subject of fees and financial aid. In Addition you can find more information about the Basic Student Union Fee and the Basic Semester Ticket of the different campus locations of TUM.
You can also look up the amount of your semester fee on TUMonline. How to find your semester fee status on TUMonline is explained at „Administration of Fees“.
In-person office hours cancelled from 06 December 2021 until further notice
Due to the current pandemic situation, no in-person office hours will be offered in the Fees and Scholarships Office beginning December 06, 2021 until further notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- “2G rule” for on-campus courses: access to on-campus courses only for students with proof of vaccination or recovery.
- “3G plus rule” for in-person exams: participation in in-peson exams only for students with proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative PCR test.
- Vaccination offers for students: www.tum.de/en/corona-vaccination
- Hygiene concept: mask mandate and contact tracing
- Please note the rules on notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area.
- Examination deadlines: study progress checks are extended again in winter semester 2021/22.
- Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Semester Fees and Payment Deadlines
The semester fees, which consist of the basic student union fee and the fees for the basic semester ticket, must be transferred in time for each semester in which you wish to begin or continue your studies.
This fees currently amount to
- 147.00 Euro for students in Munich, Garching and Weihenstephan,
- 62.00 Euro for students in Straubing,
- 92.00 Euro for students in Heilbronn.
Please note: Additional fees may apply for Executive Master's Programs and programs of TUM Asia. Information on this can be found at the respective department or school.
The payment deadline for first-time enrollment for the summer semester is Mar. 15, for the winter semester Sept. 15.
The payment deadline for continued enrollment for the summer semester is Feb. 15, for the winter semester Aug. 15.
You can find all the exceptions from these deadlines on the following sites.
Your transfer will appear in the TUMonline account within approx. 5 working days. Please do not contact us before the payment has not been registered for at least one week.
Your enrollment will not take place until payment has been received. If you have missed the payment deadline, please pay the fee without further delay.
Information about the Basic Student Union Fee and the Semester Ticket for Students at Campus Munich, Garching, Freising-Weihenstephan and TUM Asia in Singapore.
Students at Campus Straubing need only pay the Basic Student Union Fee for Lower Bavaria / Upper Palatinate. Be sure to read the information about your campus carefully.
For study courses at Campus Heilbronn you must pay the Basic Student Union Fee for Munich and the Basic Semester Ticket for Heilbronn. Please read the following information carefully.
If you are studying two degrees at once at TUM, within Bavaria or TUM and the other one outside Bavaria you maybe don´t have to pay the Basic Student Union Fee.
Please read the following information about the semester fees for parallel studies.