Semester fees payment for the new semester
Whether you are commencing or continuing your studies at the TUM, you must pay your semester fees in the amount of 128,50 euros within the designated period before the start of each semester.
Exceptions and Special Cases
- Students at TUM Asia at the campus in singapore or at the Straubing Center of Science are exempted from the payment of the solidarity contribution for the semester ticket. In these cases, the semester fee consists only of the basic student union fee.
- Please take note of the special regulations concerning dual degrees and teacher training.
- Extra fees are charged for some continuing education programs. For more information please visit the pages of the correspondent faculty or school.
For the summer semester: Not later than Mar. 15
For the winter semester: Not later than Sep. 15
Please pay your semester fees in full as soon as possible after notification of admission. Only after your student fees have been paid in full are you officially enrolled as a regular student at TUM. Once you are officially enrolled, you will be able to print your student documents (enrollment verification and student progress certificate) or register for courses and exams.
For the summer semester: Not later than Feb. 15
For the winter semester: No later than Aug. 15
If you have not paid your semester fees within the time frame stipulated in §10 of the Enrollment, Student Fee Payment, Leaves of Absence and Withdrawal statutes (Immatrikulations-, Rückmelde-, Beurlaubungs- und Exmatrikulationssatzung), your enrollment at the university will be terminated automatically. Only after your semester fees have been paid in full will you be able to print your student documents (enrollment verification and student progress certificate) or register for courses and exams.
Please transfer the amount of 128,50 € to the following account:
|Payment recipient:||Technische Universität München (TUM)|
|Bank details:||Bayerische Landesbank München / BLZ 700 500 00|
Brienner Strasse 18, 80333 München
|Bank account no:||390 11 903 15|
|Reason for payment:||Matriculation number, Name, Semester (SS17)|
Please also send us a copy of your bank statement via e-mail if you are making a bank transfer from an Non-EU country firstname.lastname@example.org or send by fax +49 89 289 22809.
You may pay your semester fees in cash at the Bursar’s Offices (Zahlstelle) on the Munich City Campus and the Garching campus.
- Bursar's Office Munich
- Contact: Ms. Aqiqi, Tel. +49 89 289 22231, E-Mail
- Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 09:00 to 11:30
- Location: Referat 37, Arcisstraße 21, 80333 München, Room 1157
- Bursar's Office Garching
- Opening hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 08:30 to 11:00
- Location: Verwaltungsstelle Garching, Walter-Meißner-Straße 2, 85748 Garching
Enrollment in Two Degree Programs
Students simultaneously enrolled in two degree programs at TUM are only required to pay semester fees for one program.
Students simultaneously enrolled at two different universities are, likewise, only required to pay semester fees at one university. They must, however, provide verification of payment to the other university.
Students in teacher training
Students in teacher training programs at LMU and at TUM must only pay their semester fees once, to either LMU or TUM, as follows:
- Students in teacher training programs for upper secondary or intermediate schools and for elementary / general secondary or special schools pay student fees to LMU.
- Students in teacher training programs for vocational schools pay student fees to TUM.
Please note: As a student in a degree course with state examination with a first subject at LMU and second subject "sports" at TUM, you no longer have to supply separate proof of your re-enrollment at LMU to TUM (from summer semester 17). The enrollment at TUM will be continued automatically via data transfer between the universites as soon as you re-enroll within the designated deadline at LMU.
This does, however, only apply to re-enrollment. If you enroll at LMU with a second subject at TUM for the first time, i.e. at the start of your studies, you need to bring proof of your enrollment at LMU to TUM once.
Student Service Center
Semester Fees Management
Mo to Fr 9 am -12 pm
Mo, Tues., Thurs. 1 – 4 pm
Where? Arcisstr. 21 (main campus, city center),
room 0157/0159 and 0161
As of 1 October 2013, TUM will receive public funds to compensate for revenue previously generated through the collection of student tuition. These funds – as with the previously collected student tuition – are to be allocated specifically for improving the conditions of study and teaching. Want to know more?
Exchange students please refer to the payment deadlines of TUM International Center.