Reimbursement of Student Union Fees
On 24 April 2013, the Bayerische Landtag decided to eliminate university tuition fees. As of winter semester 2013/2014, students are only required to pay the student union and basic semester ticket fees in the amount of 129,40 Euro at present.
When can fees be refunded?
Semester fees for the current semester can only be refunded in these cases:
- You are studying for two degree programs at two universities (parallel studies), in which case you have to pay the basic student union fee only once. Please contact us to find out whether you have to pay the fee at the other university as well.
- Exmatriculation: When you have been exmatriculated by the university before the beginning of the semester.
- In case of an exmatriculation according to Art. 49 Abs. 2 BayHSchG up to five weeks after the lectures starts: To get the reimbursement for the winter semester, you must renounce your student status from the exact day you send us the application form for reimbursement (the form can be found on TUMonline), which must occur within these five weeks after the start of lectures.
In the case of exmatriculation, we can only reimburse the student union fee if you send back your validated student card within two weeks of sending us your application form.
For further information, please also refer to Waiving a Place of Study
When can fees no longer be refunded?
- If you re-register for a semester and take an exam in this same semester, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If the validated student card is not returned in time, the fees will not be refunded.
You have completed your last exam on September 30, but have already re-enrolled for the following winter semester.
You can now apply for reimbursement of your semester fees, provided that you forfeit your Student Card (either in person or by registered mail).
To get the reimbursement for the wintersemester you must withdraw your studentstatus (template) day exactly until 5 weeks after semester beginning (15.11.2019) and send us the application form for reimbursement.
Both templates can be find on TUMonline.
If, at the end of your studies, you take an examination that is allocated to the previous semester within the first week of the lecture period and you do not intend to take any courses, you do not have to re-enroll. This also applies to oral exams that are part of the mandatory examinations stipulated in the academic and examination regulations.
An exception is in relation to the submission of your thesis. In this case, you must be enrolled as a student.
For the specific regulations, please refer to §14 of the General Academic and Examination Regulations for Bachelor's and Master's Programs at the Techical University of Munich.