Advice and Information

In order to make a good decision about a course and location of study, advice and detailed research are helpful. Even if you are already a student, questions may arise. On this page you will find various advisory services at TUM that will help you with questions about studying with a disability or chronic illness. You will also find external contact persons for various questions.

Personal Advice – on Campus, via Video Call or Telephone

We offer you the opportunity of advisory services personally on campus or via video call or by telephone. You can make appointments for a personal consultation using this request form or by writing to us at handicap(at)


Representative for disabled and chronically ill students

Since the summer semester 2013, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Diepold is the representative for the needs of students with special needs at TUM.

Contact for students with special needs (disabilities or chronical illnesses) at the schools

At each school there is a contact person who takes care of the study affairs of students with special needs on site:

Further Advisory Services and Contact Points

Contact: Studying with Special Needs

TUM Center for Study and Teaching – 
Student Advising: Studying with Special Needs

Arcisstr. 21
80333 München

Mr. Alain M.G. Kathola
Mrs. Verena Weltz-Huber

We advise in person, by phone or virtually.

To arrange an appointment please contact us at

Student Advising and Information Services

+ 49 89 289 22245 

Please observe the e-mail etiquette.

Personal advising sessions with General Student Advising by appointment

Service Desk

Campus Munich
Arcisstraße 21, Room 0144
80333 München

Monday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Tuesday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Student Information only)
Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.