TUM Presidential Student Lunch – talk to the President
President Thomas F. Hofmann has introduced the TUM Presidential Student Lunch to promote the uncomplicated, direct exchange with students from all departments. The Technical University of Munich would be nothing without its curious and cosmopolitan students. They generate the pulse of the university. Making studies at TUM a unique learning and life experience requires an interactive and trusting relationship between teaching staff and students no less than a culture of appreciation and the open exchange of opinions and ideas with the younger generation.
Dates for the winter semester 2021/22
On November 11, 2021 in Garching for students of the Departments Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Informatics as well as of all study programs of the TUM School of Engineering and Design located in Garching.
Please apply by October 31, 2021
On November, 25 2021 in Weihenstephan for students of the TUM School of Life Sciences.
Please apply by November 11, 2021
On December 15, 2021 in central Munich for students of the TUM School of Medicine and TUM Department of Sport and Health Sciences.
Please apply by December 1, 2021
Please apply with a short motivational letter containing topics and ideas you would like to discuss with the president: Registration form (only for students from the above departments). Please note that the focus should be on topics that are of interest to a larger group of students.
- The events are currently planned to be held in person at the respective TUM locations. If the pandemic does not permit a face-to-face event, we will switch to a digital format at short notice.
- According to the current regulations for prevention of the spread of Covid-19, the 3G-rules (vaccinated, recovered or tested) will be applied. This will be checked at the beginning of the event.
- Number of participants: 10 students
- Date and time: November 11, 2021, November 25, 2021, December 15, 2021 from 12 to 2 pm
- We will be speaking English during the events
We encourage all applicants who are not selected this time to apply again for one of the following lunches for their departments.
- Further events are planned for the summer semester 2022
„Only if we understand what drives our students, what motivates them and what they need, we can develop their talents to the fullest.”— President Thomas F. Hofmannn