Anyone considering university study in Germany has a lot to think about: How can I finance my study and stay? How good must my German language skills be? Where do I apply? How do I get to know other students - and what kind of services does the Technical University of Munich (TUM) offer for international students? Here we have compiled the most important things you need to know.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Wearing masks and registering with the Contact-Tracing-System QRONITON is mandatoy.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form in the winter semester.
- Applicants for Master's programs who do not receive final graduation documents of their undergraduate program (e.g. Bachelor's degree) in time for enrollment due to the corona situation can also be provisionally enrolled for the winter semester 2020/21 with a final transcript or a preliminary diploma.Certified copies of the final graduation documents must be submitted within the winter semester 2020/21. Further information on application and registration can be found here.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices are only partially open for the public. You can also contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Infopoint „Study Work Stay“
The Studentenwerk, Kreisverwaltungsreferat and AMIGA invite you to a digital consultation on 15.12.20020 between 4pm and 6pm, where international students can discuss their questions about visas and residence permits directly with experts.
Additional information and the possibility to register can be found here.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
We offer 179 degree programs, including plenty of them in English. Here you can find information about our degree programs.
You are interested in applying for full or part-time study? Here you can find information about the process of applying and registration.
The TUM General Student Advising supports prospective students in determining the course of study best suited to their needs and wishes. In addition, we support current students in dealing with the various challenges of their study.
Make Munich feel like a 'home from home'
We will help you settle in quickly to your studies and give you an idea what is on offer with preparatory courses, orientation weeks and welcome events.
Settling into new surroundings is a lot easier if you have someone to call on for support. We will help you find someone to turn to.
Language and intercultural skills have become “must-haves” for many jobs. Here you can find information about our services laid on for international students.
Taking part in leisure activities is a great way to get valuable advice and enjoy a spot of your home culture here in Munich.
You are enrolled as an exchange student(Erasmus, TUM-Exchange, partner universities) at TUM? The TUM Global & Alumni Office has compiled all important information about the exchange semester at TUM.
TUM offers a broad variety of exchange programs. It is the aim to raise the mobility of German students and to offer every student the opportunity of spending a term or completing an internship abroad.