Studying in Germany takes preparation: How do I finance myself? How good does my German have to be? Where do I apply? How do I get to know other students? Here, we have compiled the most important things you need to know.
We are currently receiving an increasing number of reports of fraudulent activities in connection with applications to TUM. On this occasion, we would like to point out once again that
- the Technical University of Munich does not cooperate with agencies. To study at TUM, you should only apply directly to the university.
- the Technical University of Munich never requests payments to agencies during the application process.
- the Technical University of Munich only sends e-mails from official e-mail addresses: @tum.de, @zv.tum.de or @mytum.de.
- the Technical University of Munich never requests payments of any kind before admission to the program has been granted. If you require a VPD by uni-assist, you will have to pay a processing fee to uni-assist. However, uni-assist will only check certain documents and not issue admission statements or similar.
- always makes notifications or other official documents available via the online portal TUMonline.
We offer 178 degree programs, including plenty of them in English. Here you can find information about our degree programs.
You are interested in applying for full or part-time study? Here you can find information about the process of applying and registration.
You are enrolled as an exchange student (Erasmus, TUM-Exchange, partner universities) at TUM? The TUM Global & Alumni Office has compiled all important information about the exchange semester at TUM.
TUM offers a broad variety of exchange programs. It is the aim to raise the mobility of German students and to offer every student the opportunity of spending a term or completing an internship abroad.
From the first-years’ event via preliminary courses to campus tours and game nights: At TUM, there are numerous opportunities to get to know your studies and the university.
Settling into new surroundings is a lot easier if you have someone to call on for support. We will help you find someone to turn to.
Here you will find an overview of a wide variety of events aimed in particular at international students.
Taking part in leisure activities is a great way to get valuable advice and enjoy a spot of your home culture here in Munich.
Language and intercultural skills have become “must-haves” for many jobs. Here you can find information about our services laid on for international students.
From finding a place in a dormitory to assistance with starting a career – here you will find a wide range of information on housing and employment.
Whether it's semester fees, tuition fees, scholarships, or taxes: Here you will find answers to many questions about financing your studies.
TUMint Student Relocation Service – an all-inclusive onboarding package from TUM International GmbH with accommodation service for international students.
Navigating the student visa and residence permit process can be daunting. That's why we're hosting a Zoom info session to provide essential information on obtaining a student visa and residence permit for your studies at TUM.
Dates: 11.01.2024, 08.02.2024, 11.04.2024, 16.05.2024, 13.06.2024, 11.07.2024, 08.08.2024, 05.09.2024
Time: 3 p.m. (CET)
During this session, we will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the student visa and residence permit requirements for international students at TUM
- Understanding the application process and necessary documentation
- Tips and recommendations for a successful visa and residence permit application
- Q&A session to answer any specific questions you may have.
This info session is designed to help you gain a clear understanding of the procedures involved in obtaining your student visa and residence permit. By attending, you will be better prepared to navigate the process independently.
No registration is required for this event. Simply mark the date and time on your calendar and join us at
Meeting ID: 694 2821 9076
Arcisstraße 21, Room 0144
Monday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Tuesday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.