Anyone considering university study in Germany has a lot to think about: How can I finance my study and stay? How good must my German language skills be? Where do I apply? How do I get to know other students - and what kind of services does the Technical University of Munich (TUM) offer for international students? Here we have compiled the most important things you need to know.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Hygiene concept: FFP2 mask required, free quick and self-tests and more:www.tum.de/en/corona/studies
- The application deadlines for undergraduate programs (bachelor's degrees and teaching degree), which regularly end on July 15, will be extended once for the winter semester 2021/22 until July 31, 2021.
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the summer semester 2021.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
We offer 178 degree programs, including plenty of them in English. Here you can find information about our degree programs.
You are interested in applying for full or part-time study? Here you can find information about the process of applying and registration.
The TUM General Student Advising supports prospective students in determining the course of study best suited to their needs and wishes. In addition, we support current students in dealing with the various challenges of their study.
Make Munich feel like a 'home from home'
Language and intercultural skills have become “must-haves” for many jobs. Here you can find information about our services laid on for international students.
Taking part in leisure activities is a great way to get valuable advice and enjoy a spot of your home culture here in Munich.
You are enrolled as an exchange student(Erasmus, TUM-Exchange, partner universities) at TUM? The TUM Global & Alumni Office has compiled all important information about the exchange semester at TUM.
TUM offers a broad variety of exchange programs. It is the aim to raise the mobility of German students and to offer every student the opportunity of spending a term or completing an internship abroad.