Languages and intercultural services
Keen to prepare for a period abroad, brush up on your language skills or learn more about international cooperation? You have a wide choice of options at TUM and various partner institutions. We have provided an overview here:
- Language courses: 17 languages, editorial advice, Academic English Cluster, intercultural communication and much more: Click here for an overview of Language Center services.
- Talk TUM[i:] Language Café: Fancy the opportunity to practice your foreign language in a relaxed atmosphere and get to know students from all over the world? Then why not drop in to the Language Café in the city-center campus or in Garching?
- TUMtandem: Are you looking for a partner to practice communication skills in your foreign language? The Language Center organizes mentored tandem partners.
- German hub: The Protestant Student Society of Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich organizes a German hub – a regular get-together to practice speaking German with language exercises.
- SprachDUO: SprachDUO gives you the chance to find a language partner from your chosen country.
- Intercultural communication: The Language Center offers seminars on intercultural communication for international students – the perfect way to upskill and get ready for your course.
- Come to Munich – Be at Home: Come to Munich - Be at Home brings international and German students together in intercultural communication workshops and leisure activities.
- Intercultural Competencies for your studies:
for students who are active in a national student group, the AStA, the student councils, a tutoring or buddy program or another student association.
- Other intercultural offerings organized by the departments: Certain TUM departments organize special intercultural workshops for their students: