External support for students with disabilities or chronic illness

The first contact point at TUM is the Office for Disabled and Chronically Ill Students. Besides that, however, there are some external institutions that can offer support. Here you will find an overview.

Student Union

The German National Asssociation for Student Affairs: Information and Counseling for University Students with Disabilities
Monbijouplatz 11
10178 Berlin
Telefon: 030 29 77 27 64
Fax: 030 29 77 27 69
E-Mail: studium-behinderung(at)studentenwerke.de

Munich Student Union 
Helene-Mayer-Ring Advice Center
Michael Bayer, Diplom-Sozialpädagoge
Helene-Mayer-Ring 9, Entrance H, First floor, Room H1
80809 München
Telephone: +49 89 357135-32
E-Mail: michael.bayer(at)stwm.de
Office hours: Thursday: 10h-18h; Friday:14h-18h

Munich Student Union Psychosocial and Psychotherapeutical Counseling and Advising Office
Christina Geisel
Helene-Mayer-Ring 9
80809 München
Tel.: +49 89 357135-40
E-Mail: psycho-beratung(at)studentenwerk.mhn.de

Munich Student Union Accommodation for Students with disablities or chronic illness
Grit Hoffmann
Tel: +49 89 278143-12
E-Mail: grit.hoffmann@stwm.de

Municipal, State, and Federal Representatives for the Disabled

Representative for Persons with Disabilites, City of Munich
Oswald Utz
Burgstraße 4
80331 München
Telefon: 089 233 244 52 oder 089 233 204 17
Fax: 089 233 21 266
E-Mail: behindertenbeauftragter.soz(at)muenchen.de

Representative for Persons with Disabilites, Garching
Heinrich Popp
Rathausplatz 3, Zimmer 2.16
85748 Garching
Telefon: 089-32089-141
Fax: 089-32089-280

Representative for Persons with Disabilites of the State of Bavaria
Winzerer Straße 9
80797 München
Telefon: 089-1261-2799
Fax: 089-1261-2453
E-Mail: behindertenbeauftragte(at)stmas.bayern.de

German Federal Representative for Persons with Disabilities
E-Mail: info(at)behindertenbeauftragte.de

Public agencies and authorities

Bavarian Center for Family and Social Affairs, Upper Bavaria Integration Office
Richelstraße 17
80634 München
Telefon: 089-1 89 66-0
Fax: 089-1 89 66-24 16  
E-Mail: integrationsamt.obb(at)zbfs.bayern.de

Inter-Municipal Welfare Authority of Upper Bavaria
Division II, Department 23, Room 1514 (representative for university matters)
Prinzregentenstraße 14
80538 München
Telefon: 089-2198-2315/6
Fax: 089-2198-052315/6

Unions, Associations and Working Groups

Society for the Promotion of Integration (VIf)
Klenzestraße 57c, 2. Hof
80469 München
Telefon: 089-2015-466
Fax: 089-2015-761
E-Mail: Schul-und-Studienbegleitung(at)vif-selbstbestimmt-leben.de

Club for the Disabled and their Supporters, Munich
Johann-Fichte-Straße 12
80805 München
Telefon: 089-3568808
Fax: 089-3596500
E-Mail: info(at)cbf-muenchen.de

Bavarian Federation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
Upper Bavaria – Munich Region

Arnulfstraße 22
80335 München
Telefon: 089-55988-111
Fax: 089-55988-148
E-Mail: muenchen(at)bbsb.org

Association of the Deaf, Munich and Surrounding Area
Lohengrinstraße 11
81925 München
Telefon: 089-992698-0
Fax: 089-992698-11
E-Mail: info(at)gmu.de

Association of the Hearing Impaired, Munich/Upper Bavaria
Gottfried-Böhm-Ring 1
81369 München
E-Mail: vereinsbuero(at)shv-muenchen.de

Federal Working Group for Disabled/Chronically-Ill Students and Graduates

Federal Working Group for Hearing Impaired Students and Graduates (BHSA)

German Association for Blind and Visually-Impaired Students and Professionals

Free info-brochure on studying with disability (German version only)