Services for our staff
Talent is our asset. The work environment at TUM is designed to help you make the most of your potential. We want you on board. As an entrepreneurial university, we are always looking to grow and improve.
The Welcome Services of the TUM Global & Alumni Office support international postdocs, visiting professors and hosts from TUM with all the formalities involved in moving to Munich. Welcome Services for International Scientists
TUM Prelude: In order to provide our newly appointed professors with an overview and orientation as quickly as possible, we offer the welcome event TUM Prelude once a year.
The Munich Dual Career Office offers newly appointed professors and their families concrete support for their start at TUM and at their new place of residence. Munich Dual Career Office
The Welcome Office of the TUM Graduate School provides applicants and doctoral candidates from Germany and abroad with information about doctoral studies, what the TUM Graduate School has to offer and life in Munich. Welcome Office
The TUM Language Center offers students, exchange students and staff at TUM a university-oriented programme for foreign and specialist language acquisition, intercultural communication and intercultural discourse in an academic environment. TUM Language Center
Finding accommodation in Munich and the are is difficult – but not impossible. We have put together information on the housing situation in Munich, contacts and a number of links and tips. The most important one: Start your search as early as possible. More
Sport & well-being
We can support your personal development goals with a range of training programs. These are designed to improve your teaching and managerial skills and broaden your academic horizons. More
We set extremely high standards for teaching quality: TUM supports its teaching staff with further training and prizes for outstanding teaching. You will find useful information, tips and materials plus plenty of inspiring ideas here. Teaching at TUM
- Annual appraisal:Once a year, each member of staff meets with their supervisor for a confidential annual appraisal. Together, they set out personal targets and analyze the employee’s current work situation. The appraisal is designed to help employees improve their performance and teamwork skills. Annual appraisal
- Performance-based pay: Outstanding professional performance is rewarded at TUM with performance-based pay (only available to employees covered by the pay scale agreement for the public sector in the federal states, TV-L). This may be awarded to employees who take on additional duties, consistently deliver high-quality work, improve processes and help out colleagues. Performance-based pay
- Disputes or conflictsin the workplace can be resolved by referral to the relevant guidelines or through psychosocial counseling. Conflict management
- Change management:"(T)UMtopfen" refers to the change management guidelines at TUM – confirming our commitment to entrepreneurial values. Change management
- TUM Leadership Toolbox: research articles and reading recommendations, guidelines and TUM agreements on leadership in academia.TUM Leadership Toolbox