- Fire Department and Rescue Service: 112
- Emergency Poison Number: 089-19240
- Police: 110
You witness an accident, or get involved in another emergency situation?
In Germany, everybody is not only morally but also legally obligated to help. So keep calm, administer first aid if necessary and don't hesitate to call for help via the emergency number 112.
If you feel you need to brush up on your first aid skills, first aid courses in english are offered by many institutions, for example the Johanniter.
Accident insurance in accordance with section VII of the German Social Security Code (SGB VII).
If you have an accident in a TUM building, on the TUM campus or on your way to/from the university, all currently enrolled students are covered under section VII of the SGB. The Landesunfallkasse Bayern (LUK) is the insurance carrier for the state of Bavaria. Insurance coverage is free for TUM undergraduate and graduate students as well as guest students.
Accident insurance provides coverage in connection with the course of study and training and continuing education programs at TUM, as well as during events organized by TUM outside of the university's regular opening hours.
For more info on accident insurance with regard to the university sports center in munich, please refer to the current program booklet.
The Munich Student Union also offers additional accident insurance for students.
In the event of an accident, it is important to report it as soon as possible. Only then can the Bavarian State Accident Insurance Fund (LUK) process the case directly, and initiate all necessary measures.
So report all accidents that occur
- within the organizational responsibility of the university or
- on the direct way there or back before or after participation in study-related events,
immediately to the responsible contact person:
Accidents happened during regular occupation (e.g. during your work as student or research assistant): Please visit https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/personalwirtschaft/dienstunfall
- Accidents happend in Munich, Garching or Weihenstephan should be reported to
TUM Center for Study and Teaching – Graduation Office and Academic Records
Alte Akademie 1 , Room 4101.01.104
Tel:+49 8161 71 5345
Accidents happened in the course of degree programs of the Department of Sport and Health Sciences at TUM Campus Olympiapark to
Deparment Management Sport and Health Sciences
Uptown München – Campus D
Tel: +49 89 289 24703
Mail: iris.demke @tum.de
- Accidents happend at TUM Campus Straubing:
TUM Campus Straubing
Phone: +49 9421 187 147
- Accidents happened during a university sports program at the Zentralen Hochschulsportanlage to:
Phone: +89 289 24651
Fax: +49 89 289 24664
Please provide the following information and documents for the initial accident report if possible:
- Unfallanzeige (accident report) – for Campus Munich and Campus Garching the signature of the respective faculty or department is required
- Wegeunfallbogen (commuting accident report) for accidents happened on the way to or from TUM, signed by yourself
- Certificate of Enrollment (valid on the date of the accident)
- Last and first name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
We will contact you as soon as possible..
If you are unable to participate in an examination, you must immediately submit a written request for withdrawal to the chairman of the examination committee of your degree program. Withdrawing from Examinations / Medical Certificates