During your Studies
On these pages you will find all the important information and tips on study orientation as well as on organizing and carrying out your studies: from offers for prospective and first-year students via learning support, information on exams, student fees payment or leave of absence to helping to shape the university, a wide variety of advisory services or tips on finding accommodation and work.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Vaccination offers for students: Special vaccination campaigns are held at the Munich, Garching and Weihenstephan campuses. Vaccination is available to all TUM students regardless of citizenship or place of residence and is, of course, free of charge. All information can be found at www.tum.de/en/about-tum/news/coronavirus/vaccination/.
- Hygiene concept: FFP2 mask required, free quick and self-tests and more:www.tum.de/en/corona/studies
- Free self-tests: Students of TUM can collect up to 5 self-tests for free at the distribution points in Munich, Freising and Garching. All you need is your Student Card.
- The application deadlines for undergraduate programs (bachelor's degrees and teaching degree), which regularly end on July 15, will be extended once for the winter semester 2021/22 until July 31, 2021. Different deadlines apply for applications to a higher semester.
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the summer semester 2021.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Starting your Studies
You are interested in studying at TUM or have received your admission? Here you will find all information and offers for prospective and first-year students.
Organizing your Studies
You have questions about the organization of your studies? Here you will find all information on the legal framework, deadlines, student fees payment, leave of absence, recognition of credits, and more.
You need space to learn or support with exam preparation? Here you will find study areas as well as advice and coaching on all aspects of learning and study skills.
You need advice in your studies, help with health problems or are looking for a mentor? Here you will find various counseling, support and funding services.
Shaping the University
Do you have a suggestion on how we can further improve studying and teaching at TUM? Here you will find idea competitions and feedback opportunities for students.
Living and Working
You are looking for accommodation or want a new job? Here you will find all the information and offers related to finding accommodation and starting your career.