Completing your Studies
You have finished your studies or will finish them soon? On these pages, you will receive information on writing your thesis, withdrawal, and the final documents that our graduates receive. In addition, we would like to give you some tips and information on your next steps in continuing your studies, obtaining a doctorate, or beginning a career. We would also like to show you how you can remain in contact with the TUM after you have completed your studies.
What should I be aware of when writing my thesis, and how can I successfully achieve my goal? Not only can you find some important formal information here, but also a great many tips and tricks, references to literature and links. More
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Wearing masks and registering with the Contact-Tracing-System QRONITON is mandatoy.
- The lecture period in the winter semester 2020/21 starts on 02 November 2020 and ends on 12 February 2021. An exception applies to medicine.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of today, courses planned in attendance on campus can be carried out.
- Applicants for Master's programs who do not receive final graduation documents of their undergraduate program (e.g. Bachelor's degree) in time for enrollment due to the corona situation can also be provisionally enrolled for the winter semester 2020/21 with a final transcript or a preliminary diploma.Certified copies of the final graduation documents must be submitted within the winter semester 2020/21. Further information on application and registration can be found here.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices are only partially open for the public. You can also contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
You have completed your studies or you have to leave the TUM? In this case, please read our information regarding the procedures and legal consequences of withdrawal, and what you need to know about the reimbursement of your student contributions. More
As a bachelor’s or master’s graduate, you will receive a diploma along with a number of other documents. Here, you will find out which documents come in question and how to obtain them. More
You need certification of your federal social security for the German Social Insurance? We will show you how to obtain it here. More
After studies is before studies – a saying that applies to many of our bachelor graduates. Read more about which master’s programs are available to you and how to apply to them. More
The TUM supports you with your job application process and your professional career planning. Here, you can find out more about the many forms of support offered by TUM Alumni & Career.
You have a brilliant idea for starting your own company or wish to become self-employed together with a fellow student? The “UnternehmerTUM GmbH” offers you a wide range of advice for business start-ups. More