You have been admitted to a degree program at Technical University of Munich? You want to prepare as best as you can for your studies? Then our Pre-Study Course for international students is the right offer for you! The course helps you to get started at TUM. You get to know your future university, improve your German language skills, and get practical hints for your student life in Munich.
Pre-Study Course: 2 - 27 September 2019
Facts and Figures
- Next course: 02. - 27. September 2019
- Target group: international students new at TUM (Master, Bachelor or exchange students)
- Prerequisite: Admission to a degree program at TUM
- Included in the program: German langauge course (different course levels), accommodation for the duration of the course, practical support in organisational matters, workshops, social events etc.
- Places: 65
- Program fee: EUR 1.600
Checklist for your application
Be sure to fill in your application completely.
- Admission letter from TUM
Please note: Incomplete applications and those submitted after the deadline cannot be taken into consideration. You will receive an email to confirm that your application was submitted successfully.
German Language and Culture
- Courses offered on different levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1-C2)
- Designed to improve communication skills and facilitate interaction in everyday life
- 80 course hours in total, 4 ECTS points
Settling down at TUM and in Munich
- Practical support (e.g. residence office, bank account, student health insurance)
- Workshop program: soft skills, learning techniques, German university culture
- Social events (welcome and farewell events, international evening, etc)
- Course language: English
During the Pre-Study Course, participants will be accommodated in single rooms at a student dorm. Accommodation is included in the program fee. Find here more information about the facilities and the location of the dorms
Cultural Program and Excursions (optional)
Our tutors will organize excursions and cultural activities on evenings and weekends in September. You can sign up for each event independently at the beginning of the Pre-Study Course.
The program calendar for social and cultural activities will be released some weeks in advance of the course. We will also provide information about additional costs that occur for the particular activities (entry fees, train tickets etc).
Program fee and payment
The program fee for the Pre-Study Course amounts to EUR 1.600. The program fee needs to be paid only after you have received your admission to the Pre-Study Course. You can find more information about the fee, included services and terms of payment here: costs and payment
Review: Program calendar 2018
Below you can find the preliminary program calendar for the Pre-Study Course 2018. Please note that changes in the program are possible.