Today’s working world is changing more dynamically than ever before. In this fast moving environment expert professionals and leaders must embrace the opportunity of lifelong learning to best equip themselves to confront a host of new and complex challenges. As a forward thinking university the Technical University of Munich has founded the TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning to support leaders confront the challenges of tomorrow.
TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning
The mission of the TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning is to promote the continuous, research-based education of international professionals at all stages of their career. TUM’s unique ecosystem can cater to the needs of science, business and wider international society in specialist and interdisciplinary fields with a particular focus on management and leadership. Utilizing the latest in digital innovation, the institute offers programs in further education that integrate the best of technical and natural sciences offered at our university. The TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning is dedicated not only to equipping participants with the knowledge they need, but also to develop them as responsible and effective leaders capable of confronting the social challenges of tomorrow.
TUM Learning Festival 2021
Celebrate the Year of Lifelong Learning with us: To highlight the high societal importance of lifelong learning, the TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning is hosting a series of events in 2021 focusing on lifelong learning. All events. All Events
International Women's Day @ TUM
This year, our theme on international women’s day is #MINTWomenTUM. We would like to celebrate some of our researchers and their extraordinary achievements. Watch their TEDxTUM talks, get inspired and share them with your network! Join us in celebrating our amazing MINTWomen@TUM!
- Prof. Dongheui Lee, Extraordinaria for Human-centered Assistive Robotics, on robots and what they can learn from us: https://www.tedxtum.com/watch/dongheui-lee/
- Prof. Dr. Laura Fabbietti, Professor for Dense and Strange Hadronic Matter, on black holes and neutron stars: https://www.tedxtum.com/watch/laura-fabbietti/
- Sarah Fleischer, TUM Alumna, WARR Hyperloop Project der TUM, on motivation, leadership and trust: https://www.tedxtum.com/watch/sarah-fleischer/
- Prof. Dr. Ilona Grunwald Kadow, Professor of Neural Circuits and Metabolism, on the connections between behaviour, neuronal circuits and genes: https://www.tedxtum.com/watch/ilona-grunwald-kadow
- Prof. Dr. Xiaoxiang Zhu, Professor for Signal Processing in Earth Observation, globalization viewed from space: https://www.tedxtum.com/watch/xiaoxiang-zhu/
You can find our development program for professors Faculty@TUM here.
Continuing education: Our offers
You are a research and science manager at TUM and would like to advance your leadership and management skills or would like to develop your management skills as a postdoc? Take advantage of our open course program!