- Your Student Card will be sent to you automatically after successful enrollment if you have entered a German address in TUMonline. There you can also view the status of your order. A personal pick-up is currently not possible.
- Please note: If you have been enrolled for several semesters and the “my TUM-Card” app in TUMonline already shows an active card, but you have not yet received a Student Card, please contact the student information by e-mail.
- If you are enrolled in a joint degree program (e.g. Bioinformatics, Theoretical Physics), please contact the student information by e-mail.
- If you are enrolled in medical studies (pre-clinical work) at LMU and want to receive a Student Card, please contact the student information by e-mail.
- If you are enrolled as a guest auditor, you are not eligible for a Student Card.
When will the Student Card be sent to me?
- You will receive the Student Card by mail in time for the beginning of the semester. Please contact the student information only if you have not received your Student Card after this date.
- Please note that if you enroll after the start of the semester, you will not have your Student Card for the beginning of the semester. This means that it is not possible to use the semester ticket from the beginning of the semester but only from the time when you are enrolled and have actually received your card.
You will receive the Student Card as soon as you are fully enrolled at TUM for the respective semester and have received a notification from us by e-mail.
- In case you changed your study program at TUM or get re-enrolled, a new Student Card will not be printed automatically. The previous Student Card can simply be re-activated at any validation machine. If you do not have your old Student Card anymore or if it is defective, please ask for a new Student Card at the student information by e-mail.
In case of loss, theft, or defect, the Student Card will be reissued at the Service Desk by the Admissions and Enrollment department
(Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.).
Please note: If you do not currently have a Student Card, you can also take part in exams with a printed proof of enrollment and an official ID card or passport.
If you have lost your Student Card or it has been stolen, please contact studium immediately by e-mail to have your Student Card blocked. Please include “Block Student Card” and your student number in the subject line. @tum.de
To have your credit chip blocked, please contact the Munich Student Union at the Service Point in the Mensa.
If you want someone else to pick up your Student Card, they must present a valid power of attorney and ID.
Sending the Student Card is only possible in exceptional cases, for example if you do not live in the Munich area. In these cases, the Student Card will be sent to the address registered as your correspondence address in TUMonline.
If your card is defective, please present it to us at the Service Desk.
In case of loss or improper handling, or negligent damage of the Student Card, a fee of 30 € will be charged for reissuing.
A reissue is free of charge if your Student Card was stolen and you can present a report of the theft to the police. Otherwise a fee of 30 € will be charged.
The fee must be paid on site at the Service Desk.
When a new Student Card is issued, you will receive a transfer form with which you can have the credit of your old Student Card transferred to the new one at the Munich Student Union.