Master of Science (M.Sc.)
This program aims to educate next generation semiconductor researchers and engineers to work in the research areas of novel electronic/optoelectronic devices and systems, with particular focus on the energy, sensing, monitoring and manufacturing fields.TUM Asia
Information on Degree Program
The Master of Science in Green Electronics is a highly specialised program which is jointly offered by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Technische Universität München (Technical University of Munich, TUM). This program aims to educate next generation semiconductor researchers and engineers to work in the research areas of novel electronic/optoelectronic devices and systems, with particular focus on the energy, sensing, monitoring and manufacturing fields.
Through the 2-year full-time program, the student will gain comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of micro-/nano-fabrication technology and advanced theories for renewable energy, power semiconductors as well as organic semiconductor devices and systems. The topics covered in this program deal with the state-of-the-art research and industrial developments. Essential non-technical topics such as product marketing, international management, patent law and aspects of culture and globalisation will also be covered in the coursework. These non-technical courses will be given mainly by lecturers from the industry.
Required language skills for admission:
An adequate knowledge of the English language; students whose native language or language of instruction is not English must demonstrate proficiency through an acknowledged language test such as “Test of English as a Foreign Language“ (TOEFL) (minimum 100 points), “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS) (minimum 6.5 points), or “Cambridge Main Suite of English Examinations”.
Language of instruction:
The language of instruction for this program is English.
This program equips students with the academic proficiency and hands-on knowledge required in the design, development, and manufacture of integrated circuit or integrated electronic products.
Graduates in Green Electronics can seek employment in research institutes, companies related to green electronics all over the world, or go for higher studies Graduates can play professional roles in process development, process integration, as well as characterization, and device modelling in the Semiconductor industry.
Graduates in Green Electronics have extended career opportunities, not only in the electronics manufacturing industry, but also in the photovoltaic, low power display, nano- and bio-material, sensor & communication industry
Binding Regulations for Progression of Studies, Examinations and Application
Application and Admission
- Applicants meeting the admission requirement submit their Online Application via www.tum-asia.edu.sg and then send TUM Asia their hardcopy documents, together with the application fee. TUM Asia will release the result via email to the student.
DEGREE/FH DIPLOMA* REQUIREMENTS
- In order to be eligible for the program, you must have at least a Bachelor Degree** (completed in at least three years, depending on factors such as the rest of your education background) in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or in a closely related discipline with remarkable results. A good understanding of semiconductor physics, electromagnetics and organic chemistry (or electrochemistry) is preferred.
- **Academic requirements may differ for different countries of study. Please write to us at admission(at)tum-asia.edu.sg to verify your requirements.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
- As the Master of Science program’s instruction medium is English, the applicant must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory level of proficiency in the English language. Applicant whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies (Bachelor / FH Diploma) is not English must submit at least one of the following:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org): Recent score with a Minimum 100 for the Internet-Based Test (TOEFL code: 7368)
- IELTS (www.ielts.org): With academic IELTS result of at least 6.5
SPECIAL CRITERIA (China, Vietnam & Mongolia)
- Additionally, an Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) certificate is required for applicants with education qualifications from China, Vietnam or Mongolia. The APS certificate is compulsory if your Bachelor studies was completed in a Chinese, Vietnamese or Mongolian university, irregardless of nationality. For example, a Singapore citizen who completed his entire undergraduate studies in a Chinese university, and holds a Chinese degree, must sit for the APS test and pass it in order to qualify for admissions to a German university. If you are making any application to a German university (including the TUM degrees at TUM Asia), the APS certificate is required for all education qualifications from China, Vietnam or Mongolia.
For more information, please click here.
For more information on the application procedure and required documents, please visit TUM Asia.
Applications open 1 October every year
Aptitude assessment (EV):
This is a two-stage process in which the faculty checks after an official application whether you meet the specific requirements for the master's program.
In the first stage, the final Bachelor grade and the submitted documents are evaluated using a points system. Depending on the number of points achieved, applicants are either admitted immediately, rejected or invited to an interview.
The online application takes place through the TUM Asia online application portal.
The 3-month internship and 6-month Master Thesis may be undertaken in Singapore or anywhere in the world with a company, university or research institute.
What are my options after earning this degree?
You have earned your master’s degree and are ready to start your career? TUM Alumni & Career can assist you with questions regarding professional orientation, job search and job application.
If you are interested in continuing your studies, you will find information of doctoral studies at TUM, here.
TUM Asia offers a variety of scholarships and grants for both undergraduate and graduate students. For more information, please visit our website.