Emergency Services

  • Fire Department and Rescue Service: 112
  • Emergency Poison Number: 089-19240
  • Police: 110

What to do?

You witness an accident, or get involved in another emergency situation?

In Germany, everybody is not only morally but also legally obligated to help. So keep calm, administer first aid if necessary and don't hesitate to call for help via the emergency number 112. 

If you feel you need to brush up on your first aid skills, first aid courses in english are offered by many institutions, for example the Johanniter. 


Accident insurance

Accident insurance in accordance with section VII of the German Social Security Code (SGB VII).
If you have an accident in a TUM building, on the TUM campus or on your way to/from the university, you are covered under section VII of the SGB. The Landesunfallkasse Bayern (LUK) is the insurance carrier for the state of Bavaria. Insurance coverage is free for TUM undergraduate and graduate students as well as guest students.

Accident insurance provides coverage in connection with the course of study and training and continuing education programs at TUM, as well as during events organized by TUM outside of the university's regular opening hours.

For more info on accident insurance with regard to the university sports center in munich, please refer to the current program booklet.

The munich student union also offers additional accident insurance for students.

Reporting an Accident

To allow Landesunfallkasse Bayern (LUK) to review and process insurance claims in a timely fashion, all accidents should be reported without delay. For this reason all accidents that occur within the confines of the university, including to and from TUM, must be reported immediately.

Monika Abstreiter
Examination Office
Alte Akademie 1 , Room 4101.01111
85354 Freising
Tel:+49 8161 71 5345
Mail: m.abstreiter(at)mytum.de

  • Accidents happened in the course of degree programs of the Department of Sport and Health Sciences at TUM Campus Olympiapark to

Iris Demke
Faculty Management, Sport and Health Sciences
Uptown München - Campus D
Georg-Brauchle-Ring 60/62
80992 Munich
Tel: +49 89 289 24703
Mail: iris.demke(at)tum.de 

  • Accidents happened during a university sports program at the Zentralen Hochschulsportanlage to:

Katrin Beiler
Zentraler Hochschulsport
Connollystr. 32
80809 Munich
Phone: +89 289 24727
Fax: +49 89 289 24664
Mail: beiler(at)zv.tum.de

Which information and documents do I need to provide?

Please provide the following information and documents for the initial accident report if possible:

  • Unfallanzeige (accident report) - for Campus Munich and Campus Garching  the signature of the respective faculty or department is required
  • Wegeunfallbogen (commuting accident report) for accidents happened on the way to or from TUM, signed by yourself
  • Certificate of Enrollment (valid on the date of the accident)
  • Last and first name
  • Address
  • Date of birth
  • Telephone number
  • E-mail address

We will contact you as soon as possible..

Details on accident insurances

Further information about accident insurance can be found in the services guide under the key word accident insurance.

Illness during/before Examination

If you are unable to participate in an examination, you must immediately submit a written request for withdrawal to the chairman of the examination committee of your degree program. Withdrawing from Examinations / Medical Certificates

Lost and Found

If you have lost or found anything in Munich, Garching or Weihenstephan. Please contact one of the lost property offices on campus.