- Online application
The application for Deutschlandstipendium is an online application.
The link to the application form for the 2024/25 year will be announced in May/June 2024.
- Application period
Please note that the application deadline for the year 2023/24 has now ended.
- Period of scholarship
The duration of a full scholarship is 12 months (October 2023 – September 2024).
The funding period can also be shorter e.g. if you move up as a scholarship holder during the funding period and receive funding from residual funds or in case you no longer meet the prerequisites for the program.
- Amount of funding
300 Euro per month
- Exclusion criteria
During the funding period, you may not receive any further aptitude and performance-oriented support of an average of 30 € or more per month. Funding for doctoral studies is not possible with a Deutschlandstipendium.
- Can I apply although my TUM application is still pending?
Yes. Everybody who intends to enroll at TUM for a program the upcoming winter term can apply.
- International applicants
You can apply from abroad. If you receive an offer of a Deutschlandstipendium from us and wish to accept it, you must have a German residence and have a German bank account. If you cannot provide proof of these requirements by October 15, the offer of funding will expire. Therefore, please take care of these requirements and, if necessary, a visa as early as possible.
- Length: max. 1-1,5 pages
- Content: Explain why you should get the scholarship
- Important in special cases: Please describe all information in your application (for example: social engagement, personal circumstances) in detail.
- If you have already received a Deutschlandstipendium in the past you can report from your experience.
- updatet resumé (1-2 pages)
If you are currently in the application process for a Bachelor's Degree Program, you must indicate the grade of your general university entrance qualification (HZB) when applying. If your higher education entrance qualification (HZB) is from a foreign country please use the same "uni-assist-grade" as for the application of the Bachelor´s degree programm on TUMonline.
If you do not yet have an examination notification for the winter semester 2022/23 or have not yet received a vpd from uni-assist, you have the option of sending it by
- upload to the portal by the end of the application period OR
- after the end of the application period by e-mail to deutschlandstipendium by August 20, 2023 at the latest @tum.de
If you are currently in the application process for a Master's Degree Program, you must indicate your Bachelor's grade when applying for Deutschlandstipendium. If the grade is not available yet please type in your average grade on your transcript of records.
If your Bachelor degree is not from the EU or is from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland please type in your "uni-assist-grade".
If you are currently enrolled at the TUM all credits until the previous WiSe (For example: Application SoSe 23 → ECTS and grades of the WiSe 22/23) will be considered. Only grades which are mandatory according to the examination regulations of your study course will be considered.
Please provide evidence to support the information you give in the application form. You can upload following certificates:
- Confirmations on voluntary work at the university and community service (last 36 months and hours per month)
- Please note that the university commitment from SoSe 23 must be signed by the management of the student council or student clubs
- In case, the confirmation for the management itself can be signed by the deputy
- Medical Certificates for physical or mental disorders
- Working contract or confirmation
- Care for own child
- Care for elderly or disabled close relative
- Background of war or refugee experience
Most of the aspects can only be considered if the certificates are attached. Only confirmations in German or English will be accepted. Please make sure, that the translation is made by an official translator.
Please don´t send any requests about Deutschlandstipendium to the Secretary of your department or institute. Don´t ask for reports of your professors because they won´t be considered.